Community awards open for nominations
NEW community awards have been launched by Wells City Council to honour those who make a difference.
The City of Wells Awards have six categories that aim to recognise the contribution shown by individuals, groups and businesses to the service of the local community.
The first winners will be announced at a gala ceremony at the Town Hall on Saturday, December 4, when they will each receive an awards memento.
Councillor Jasmine Browne, who came up with the idea for the awards, is inviting people to nominate those whose work deserves to be rewarded.
“By submitting a nomination, you are helping ensure that those who make Wells a great city are given the recognition they deserve,” she said.
The categories are:
• City of Wells Citizen of the Year Award: A person who has given their time to undertake work in the community.
• City of Wells Youth Award: Presented to someone aged 18 or under, who has given their time to support the community.
• City of Wells Business Award: A business which has supported or worked with the community.
• City of Wells Community Award: For a voluntary organisation delivering a service to the community.
• City of Wells Sustainability Award: An individual/business/organisation that has demonstrated a proactive approach to environmental sustainability.
• City of Wells ‘Extra Mile’ Award: Given to someone who has gone above and beyond in providing a service to the community.
Nominations can be made by completing the form in the October edition of Wells Voice, cutting it out and dropping it into the box at the reception desk at Wells Town Hall, or submitting a form online via: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/wellsawards
The closing date for nominations is Sunday, November 7, 2021.
A panel of councillors will consider the nominations and decide on the winners.
There is an opportunity for local businesses to support the awards by sponsoring the different categories. Those interested should contact Cllr Browne: email@example.com