First anniversary of shopping scheme
THE Wells Loyalty scheme is celebrating a year of success since its relaunch last November.
Over the past year £600 has been won by shoppers to spend with retailers in Wells.
Now more retailers are being encouraged to join the scheme to increase the benefit to the local economy. They give shoppers a loyalty card which the retailers stamp with the value of the purchase. When there are £100 worth of stamps on the card it is dropped into a box at the town hall Tourist Information Centre and entered into the monthly prize draw.
Some of the retail members were asked what they feel makes the scheme a success and how they get the best out of it.
Their top five tips for maximising its benefit are:
1. Display the Wells Loyalty scheme window sticker so people know there can be an extra value in shopping with you.
2. Check that customers have a stamp card. If there is space on the cash desk, display some cards next to the till.
3. Stamp, stamp, stamp. Whenever a customer makes a purchase, offer to stamp their card. Customers can get a stamp for every £5 they spend.
4. Remind customers that the monthly prize is £50 which they can spend in any of the member retailers. The prize does not have to be spent in a single place.
5. It is always worth letting your customers know that they can spend the prize with you.
Karen Bell, who owns Amba in the Market Place, said: “The Wells Loyalty scheme has been a great success for us. We make sure that every customer leaves with a card and will always ask if they have one. We all make a special effort to tell customers about the programme and remind them that if they win they can always spend their £50 prize with us.”
Appeal to salons
ALISON Luck, the Wells Loyalty scheme secretary, has been visiting businesses in the city to explain more about the league and the benefits of joining, but it has not always been possible to call in at hairdressers and beauty salons in recent months. Therefore if any hairdressers or beauty salons would like to join the Wells Loyalty scheme, they are asked to email Alison for an information pack: email@example.com
Wells Loyalty scheme members
Amba, Basil Powell Shoes, Bishop’s Eye, Brownes Garden Centre, Gallery Jewellers, London House, Mansfield Opticians, Microbitz Computers, Millicans Eye Centre, Peter Douglas of Wells, Protec, Rock House Dental Practice, Roly’s Fudge Pantry, Ron Thompson Carpets, Runway, Scribbles, Studleys Jewellers, The Changing Room, The Crown, The Grape and The Good, The Laundry, Whiting & Son.
To join the scheme, contact Robert Powell (firstname.lastname@example.org), Rob Bevan (email@example.com), Louis Agabani (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Alison Luck (email@example.com)