Win strawberries and cream at free tennis coaching sessions
FREE tennis coaching and activities for adults and children will be on offer at Wells Tennis Club for the Great British Tennis Weekend on Saturday, July 22.
Aimed at encouraging more people to take up the sport for fitness or competition, the Great British Tennis Weekend is co-ordinated by the Lawn Tennis Association across the country.
Players who can keep a rally going for up to 50 hits can win free strawberries and cream. There will also be a raffle with tennis-themed prizes and refreshments to purchase.
From 9.30am until 2pm the club will be hosting drop-in free children’s and adults coaching with LTA Somerset Coach of the Year, Kevin Durney.
• 9.30-10.30: Mini Red (players 5-8 years old)
• 10.30-11.30: Mini Orange/Green (players 8-10 years old)
• 11.30-13.00: Junior tennis (players 11+)
• 13.00-14.00: Adult coaching
Organiser Vicky Flicker said: “The Great British Tennis Weekend is a great way to see what your local club has to offer.
"Rackets and balls will be provided, so whether you’ve never picked up a racket before or you’re a seasoned regular – there is fun to be had.
“This year we’re also offering a month free trial membership which allows access to the courts and club sessions throughout the week until August 25.”
• The club is aslo running four weeks of tennis courses for children aged 5-17 during the summer. The week-long course will cover all aspects of tennis including a fun Friday tournament where children can put their new skills into practice.
• Wells Tennis Club is at the Athletics Ground, Rowdens Road. For more information visit www.wellstc.co.uk